Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Campy Centaur groupo from overseas. This is to go on a high-end Bianchi EL-OS steel frame I'm building for my wife. I figured Bianchi.....mand in Italy....(at least this one is), Italian thread BB. The Italian threaded BB is too large and won't screw in. Whats the difference in size between the two?

·
NeoRetroGrouch
6,491 Posts
High Gear said:
I purchased a Campy Centaur groupo from overseas. This is to go on a high-end Bianchi EL-OS steel frame I'm building for my wife. I figured Bianchi.....mand in Italy....(at least this one is), Italian thread BB. The Italian threaded BB is too large and won't screw in. Whats the difference in size between the two?
English is 1.37" (34.8mm) in diameter, Italian is 36mm. - TF

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,399 Posts
Bianchi has been using English threaded bottom brackets, on their high end bikes, since at least the mid 90's.
Centaur bottom brackets aren't too expensive. Just get an English one, and try to sell the old one at a slight loss.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have never thought that to be the case. Another ebay item........

MR_GRUMPY said:
Bianchi has been using English threaded bottom brackets, on their high end bikes, since at least the mid 90's.
Centaur bottom brackets aren't too expensive. Just get an English one, and try to sell the old one at a slight loss.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Well, not only is the Italian threaded BB larger diameter, but the drive side ir threaded the other direction. A simple visual inspection would've told you that, with BB threds going in different directions, it was English. Italian is threaded the same across the shell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts