Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
Those crabs don't have Old Bay on them. The horror!!!!!

I ride through Milton, De on my fixed gear century Beach ride every year. Milton is the home of the Dogfish brewery.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigrider said:
Those crabs don't have Old Bay on them. The horror!!!!!

I ride through Milton, De on my fixed gear century Beach ride every year. Milton is the home of the Dogfish brewery.
meybee they left off the Old Bay for photo shot?....i was really lookin fer a pic w/ crabs and stuff on a table w/ news paper cover......like at *****'s (near Dover, where I used to live)
my fav place for crabs, beerz, pool

JJ

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
bonkmiester said:
meybee they left off the Old Bay for photo shot?....i was really lookin fer a pic w/ crabs and stuff on a table w/ news paper cover......like at *****'s (near Dover, where I used to live)
my fav place for crabs, beerz, pool

JJ
If you lived near Dover I can't tell you anything about steamed crabs you don't already know. My father has a commercial license but hasn't used it in a few years.

Every Saturday in the summer and early fall we ate crabs. He used to put corn in the husk on the top and steam with the crabs. After we husked the corn on the cob when it came out we would butter it and roll it on top of the crabs to get old bay on the ears.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigrider said:
If you lived near Dover I can't tell you anything about steamed crabs you don't already know. My father has a commercial license but hasn't used it in a few years.

Every Saturday in the summer and early fall we ate crabs. He used to put corn in the husk on the top and steam with the crabs. After we husked the corn on the cob when it came out we would butter it and roll it on top of the crabs to get old bay on the ears.
Now your talkin!..........and i am salivatin' :D

JJ

·
Registered
918 Posts
to make you guys jealous I am going to pick up a few bushels friday and have the friends over, anyone near charleston that wants to come is invited.

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
I guess blues are OK if you can't get Dungeness....

Fortunately the season's open on the Pacific Coast, and one of our local grocery chains has them for $3.99 a pound. Gonna pick up a mess on the way home tonight.

bonkmiester said:
I am soooo ready fro a bushel of blues and some beerzzzzz

·
Registered
918 Posts
Cory said:
Fortunately the season's open on the Pacific Coast, and one of our local grocery chains has them for $3.99 a pound. Gonna pick up a mess on the way home tonight.
dungeness crabs? I use those for bait. Blue crabs rule

·
I'm not like anyone else
1,796 Posts
Yuk!!!

I ain't eatin crabs of any variety... ever seen what they eat?

Pulled a floater out of the bay about 30 years ago after a plane crash. Guess what crawled out of the torso?

Nope... no way, no how, haven't since, never again!!! Freekin sea buzzzards!

More power to yas... :p

The beers? okay!

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
do you mostly just boil, crack, pluck and dip into butter?

or no butter?

or crabcakes?

or how?

I really like crabs too though we usually get the crab meat in a can and make crabcakes and dip them in a sauce that is a combo of hellmans mayonaise and tobasco (chipotle flavored).

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
do you mostly just boil, crack, pluck and dip into butter?

or no butter?

or crabcakes?

or how?

I really like crabs too though we usually get the crab meat in a can and make crabcakes and dip them in a sauce that is a combo of hellmans mayonaise and tobasco (chipotle flavored).

I've eaten a lot of blue crabs in my time but I've never once had them with butter. It just never occurred to me to try them that way. Lots of Old Bay and beer in the pot is a must.

Anyone seen the "save the crabs" commercials they air in the DC area? Favorite quote: "No crab should die, suffocating from fertilizer run off. Instead, they should perish in tasty melted butter." (paraphrasing slightly)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts