Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody using one of these?
I found this one called Cricket but don't get any response from the company so not sure they are still selling them:

B45H | The Cricket

Any other products like this that are shipping?

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
I found this one called Cricket but don't get any response from the company[/url]
pun jokes write themselves on that one.

unless it is part of the frame it won't be of much use in any case. except if someone finds out to hack the app in order to have bikes show their location.

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
The Facebook page has had no activity for a year.

Looks pretty useless to me.
"The Cricket has a range of up to 150ft." Which means if I'm out of eye sight, it's probably out of range too.

"The Cricket works best at close, over the shoulder distances so it is best to use the Cricket when taking a look at your bikes is as easy as looking over your shoulder." :rolleyes:

"However, if your bikes are gone missing while you are not next to them, the Cricket will become a beacon, notifying you instantly once anyone with the Cricket app is at close range to your stolen bikes." Odd are about 0.5% that someone with the Cricket app will be within 150ft of your stolen bike.

That Velcro strap looks super secure.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I didn't think the tracking thing made any sense.
I was thinking it would good if I am leaving my bike for a short time like using the restroom or going into a grocery store. Also if somebody broke into garage or car to steal the bike.

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
Yeah I didn't think the tracking thing made any sense.
I was thinking it would good if I am leaving my bike for a short time like using the restroom or going into a grocery store. Also if somebody broke into garage or car to steal the bike.
In theory. But I bet it won't work more than 50ft if you're indoors. And if you're in the middle of a p!$$, the thief will be out of range before you can stop midstream.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
In theory. But I bet it won't work more than 50ft if you're indoors. And if you're in the middle of a p!$$, the thief will be out of range before you can stop midstream.
one person with a bike and a head start the other in cleats. A classic "who will be fastest" situation.

·
Neophyte
2,190 Posts
If you can hide it where the thief can't find it but it still gets reception, could be useful. They have stuff like this to track your dog, maybe you can get one of those and tape it under your saddle or something...

·
Registered
61 Posts
It sounds a whole lot like a Tile tracker. You can put them on anything and track it. It works on Bluetooth but is only as strong as the user network. When other people using the app are near your item, their phones automatically pick up the signal and display its location on the network. It only works with those that are running the app, though. A full-fledged gps tracker is really the only thing that's going to give you some decent "finding" power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.