same stem maker/length
same handlebar maker/width
same wheels
same tires
same saddle
same pedals
seatposts are obviously different, but setback is equivalant
same cables

as far as i & my lbs can see all the set up measurements all match.

The only real diff is running an 11x23 on streetfire and a11x25 on the road racer.

now the problem.

Riding the streetfire is fantastic. it goes, when i say 'go'.

the road racer...not so much. it kinda thinks about it for a while.

seriously, i feel a bit sluggish or like riding through soft earth on the road racer. i dont get it. the bike wears me out a bit.

any other road racer owners experience this?

what am i missing?

edit (sensations): on longer rides, my lower back aches

·
I want a Road Bike :)
4,121 Posts
maybe your seat is too high...

(jumps back to teh lownje)

·
Registered
257 Posts
DrRoebuck said:
FWIW, I tested a BMC a few years ago and felt the same way. I got an Orbea Onix instead.
Interesting. I actually passed up an '09 Onix for a '08 Streetfire precisely because the BMC had that snap to it that the OP is describing.

Hey OP - if the Streetfire speaks to you and they're exactly the same build, why not just sell/return the Road Racer and keep the Streetfire?

·
the fist
13,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lucer0 said:
Hey OP - if the Streetfire speaks to you and they're exactly the same build, why not just sell/return the Road Racer and keep the Streetfire?
..says the voice of reason...:p

It's one of those "things". I really like the look of the Road Racer (it's is a beautiful frame) & I want it to work. It may come to the point of returning the bike. But I am not quite ready to quit it, yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.