Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2007 frame. Size 49cm...comes in at about 1000grams (bare frame..no headset..etc). I was thinking it was going to be sub 1000grams.
Has anyone else weighed their frames?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding, the new frames are heavier since they reinforced the bottom bracket and head tube.
I was thinking my frame would weigh about 950grams. It's only 50 grams, and it's definitely not a deal breaker...ahhaha.
Just wanted some others input.
Thanks,

·
Registered
30 Posts
I *just* got a 2008 white/black 51cm ProMachine yesterday. The bare frame weighed in at 1110g and the cut fork was 328g. Compare this to the 2007 53cm Nude black ProMachine this frame is replacing, which was 1126g for the frame and 298g for the cut fork.

Either Easton beefed up the SLX fork or BMC is using lead based paint. I can't believe those small white panels = 30g, but everything else being equal, it appears that they do.

Oh.. The 2007 frame is for sale. *wink* PM me for details.

·
your god hates me
1,553 Posts
I never weighed one, but I was amused to see the 59cm SLC01 claimed weight at competitivecyclist.com was 950g, wheras the same model at piermontbikes.com was 1200g! And that's not including the fork!

·
Registered
155 Posts
New EC90SLX is heavier. Says so on the Easton site. They did some stuff to the steerer to allow the new screw in stem cap. My guess is that ads the 30Gs or so

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
claimed weight at competitivecyclist.com
Disreguard any weight claim at competitivecyclist. They're frequently way off, and even if you inform them that they're way off, they clearly have no intention of providing the correct weights.

·
Registered
158 Posts
My size 55 2007 is 1118g whilst my 2009 size 55 is 1175g. There have been a number of refinements over these three years to improve stiffness and stength with more carbon (= more stiffness + more weight).

In addition the new 2009 SLX fork is now about 30g heavier than the earler model and the 2009 standard EC70 seatpost is heavier than the 2007 EC90 post.

Note that red paint uses lead pigment so the red ones are heavier than the white ones :)D )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts