Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in this frame. Enough to sell my current 2 bikes to pay for this one and "simplify" my life. The geometry works great for me, the first criteria of course.

But has anyone actually ridden this frame? I would be riding the largest frame size, 61cm. I know it is way light, but i want/need stiffness but i imagine it will ride at least as good as my aluminum frame. So anyone with any first hand riding experience?

I have a bad case of bike lust for it. I remember picking one up at IB last fall and was blown away by the weight. It's a bit odd looking, but i actually like that, having a bike a bit different from others.

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Not way light

There was a discussion about this frame a few weeks back....it was not way light. I think it was in the lose weight forum, or this one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might be wrong, but i think that discussion was about the SLT 01, which has aluminum lugs and yes, is pretty heavy for a carbon/aluminum frame.

The SLC 01 is ALL carbon (dropouts, bearing races, seatclamp, etc - except for BB threads of course). It is WAAY light. The SLC 01 is also fairly new on the market, so it has been tough to find out any riding experiences with it so far.

·
Registered
277 Posts
if you're looking for a stiff light bike in a 61 - I'd do some web research on the C-dale 613. I'm 6'4" a lean 215 and an ex Cat 1 (183 lbs back then). My '06 60 cm DA 613 is by far the best ride I've ever been on. (stiff, light, fast, quick, low on the bling factor compared to stupid high dollar rigs which is a great thing IMHO)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts