Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding for a few years, and just now am getting into racing.

But my bike is ancient, an 80's specialized sirrus (back when it was a real road frame).

I've done a few races so far. Needless to say, I get a lot of looks on race day. Funny though when I take some top 10 finishes.

But I'm in the market for a new frame. I can get some deals on either a BMC SL01 Road Racer or a BMC SLT01 Team. The team is sweet, but the road racer is more affordable. It might be a few months more before I'd be able to afford components for the Team.

All said and done, the team would be $3000, build up with ultegra, and $1900 for the Road Racer build up with ultegra.

Do you folks have any recommendations of what I should get? I haven't many reviews of the road racer? Many of the team, and from all accounts it is hot and fast.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I must say that the cannondale caad8 is a great deal and one of the best criterium bikes around. You can get one with full d/a and ksyrium ssl's for $2500. Still Not cheap but is still a really great deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.