Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Miss M had some stuff to do today so we got up at 4am (about a half hour earlier than our usual).

Made the water seem even nicer than usual.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After a couple of hours of splashing around Miss M headed off to take care of business.

I headed off in the other direction to play with the camera (under the Whitehurst Freeway where cyclists will not stop for anything :mad2: ).

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Stop sign? I don't see no stinkin' stop sign. Besides, when they do exist they only are there for cars anyway :).

I think the runner blew your theme! But I'm not complaining.

Also, I was expecting at least one sunrise pic. Geesh, why so many gorgeous ones? :)

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ridgetop said:
Stop sign? I don't see no stinkin' stop sign. ...
I'm thinking they are running out of places to hang 'em from.....:rolleyes: :mad2:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I like the contrasty lighting.

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
They didn't even stop for some old guy laying on his back in the middle of the intersection?? Yeesh what is the world coming to??

·
Registered
441 Posts
Excellent pics! I also like the idea of having the Mrs. row while you take pics.

This might seem silly since they are so vibrant, but are these raw?

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rcekstrom said:
...This might seem silly since they are so vibrant, but are these raw?
I don't shoot RAW.

Ever.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
theBreeze said:
They didn't even stop for some old guy laying on his back in the middle of the intersection?? Yeesh what is the world coming to??
"Yo Martha, there is that old bum lying in the street again. Let's run him down!" :yikes:

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
krisdrum said:
What ARE you shooting with? I've been admiring your ride reports and photos for alittle while now. Really vivid stuff.
For me, getting good colors is all about the light. The camera is much less important than the light.

These were all taken with an Olympus EP1 and mostly the 14-42 kit lens (the last few were shot with the Panasonic 7-14 f4).

For ride reports I use a fairly old Pentax Optio W60.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Slim Again said:
But ... 4 a.m.?
Oh YEAH!

I love riding at dawn. Sunrise in June in NH is just after 5:00, and now it’s 5:30. I’m out a bit before so I can watch the sun come up over the ocean. Nice and cool, no wind, hardly any cars, just a few other sunrise riders.

Looks like the MBs have some pretty nice scenery to enjoy at dawn as well. With DC heat and humidity, it’s got to be the best time to be out.

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
I like the shots from the gutter...a different perspective...for most of us.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts