Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So yesterday I bought a scale that measures bodyfat as well as hydration and obviously weight. I know the issues regarding this method of body fat measurement and I'm ok with it not being 100% accurate all the time. Its already thrown some wacky readings at me.
I'm a little confused with how to incorporate this into my training however. I plan on making weight loss a number one priority going into this weight season and would like to gave a goal. Number of a weight I should be at.
Let's say there was a guy with the following readings. He weighed 100 poiunds with a 10% body fat measurement. Does that mean he has 10 pounds of fat? So if his goal is to have 5%bf he needs to lose 5 pounds?
I've got some nutrition books coming in the male and my girlfriendss gonna give me her nutrition textbook from nursing school. But I'm curious NOW damnit.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure you are joking. But, for the record. I'm pretty far from anorexic lol. I weigh 185 with an 18% bf reading according to my scale. Which puts me above averaged in our society but a fat lump in the world of cycling lol. I am competitive on flat courses but when the road turns up I'm busting my aggots to stay with the pack. So I'm just trying to figure out what an ideal goal weight would be....

Then again. Lance dated mary-kate, so maybe if I looked like a skeleton he'd court me......
I apologize for mentioning LA. Please do not move this to the &£¤«ing forum

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This scale has athlete mode which I'm using. I know its not deadly accurate but so far it seems pretty damn consistent. And when it is wrong its been WAY wrong. it just seems much easier than any other method of bf measurement. Plus, as an added benefit, this scale measures hydration levels. Which I have no clue how to use in training really but I'm sure will prove useful. But hey, for 25 bucks how much can I really ask for?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts