Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days in Tuscany we loaded up the team car and headed north to Bologna

Bologna is a food town. Some of the best food shops I have seen in Italy. This was a good/bad thing. It was great to see the expertly made Tortellini and Ravioli, as well as the prosutto and other meats was impressive….not having a kitchen to cook them in was a bummer.

The old center of town was great. Lots of impressive brick work, archways, balcony’s. Despite having to ride hard tomorrow we proceeded to hammer our legs by walking for 4 hours….bad move, should have rode the bike

Dinner at Restaurant Diana, Tagliatelli Bolognese (of course), Lasagna, some more meat. Fueled up for the race.

Next, the 10 Colli de Bologna

· RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,512 Posts
Dude - If you're still there, my favorite restraunt in the world is there - il benso. Very close to the center of town, a couple blocks toward the train station from the leaning tower/chiesa blocks. Yes, it's benso, not benson. il benso - ahhh...

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
This is the most delicious thread ever.

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Awesome. I was there for a few days riding back in September before heading southward. Awesome town and you're right about the food. . .

Although, the thing that stood out the most for us guys was the beauty of many of the women. Delicious!

· Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be returning to Bologna, great place and not the Tourist "Disneyland" that Florence and Rome have become. The food is amazing, best lasagna I have ever had. Next time going to rent an apartment, with a kitchen and stay for a week.

· Devoid of all flim-flam
7,365 Posts
I want to reach into my computer screen with a fork.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.