Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone catch the F-bomb that Vaughters dropped during the in-car coverage? Ventura looked frozen in shock while Vaughters seemed indifferent. It was very entertaining.

·
gastarbeiter
1,524 Posts
no. missed it, but have seen multiple threads about it, in multiple forums.

seriously: who gives a flying fcuk?

G

·
roadie92 said:
I don't see the big deal about it. I'm sure he was so nervous, tense, and excited thats all that would come out.
That's and understatement, he looked so nervous that I thought his head would explode. Glad I'm not a DS!

·
Two scoops of inertia.
530 Posts
it was one of the best answers to a question ever posed. It took me so off guard when it happened. One more reason to love Team Slipstream. The interviewer didn't know when to shut up though. there were a bunch of times where Vaughters had his hand on the radio for a full second before he would stuff it.

·
Registered
930 Posts
It was quite hilarious, but really caught the moment well. I'm sure the Versus producer's heart rate jumped into the red zone when that happened. I was almost expecting the live shot to end and jump right into commercial. Kudos to Versus for not doing that. If anyone has a clip saved, please post, as I'm 99.9% sure the evening replays will have edited that out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just replayed it! Ventura's eyes looked like they were going to blow out of his head and he lifted in his seat about 3 inches. Perhaps dropping a load of holy crap in his pants! In defense of VS., JV seems to be smart. I can't imagine he was forced to have an interviewer in the car so he knew what he was in for. He also knew it was live TV so my guess is it was for show and he and his team are all laughing hysterically about dropping the F bomb on live TV. Let me add IMHO! Then as the clip ends, the car-cam goes bad and Ventura is frozen with his hands shaking as though he were strangling someone. On my TV anyway!

·
E Plurbus Elvis
1,071 Posts
Later in the broadcast, they had Bob Stapleton in the booth and he was actually pronouncing Jens Voigt correctly. Craig Hummer, who was certainly sensitized by the Versus producers to the f-word after JV's slip, sounded a bit nervous every time Stapleton mentioned the German.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.