Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
thanks again for the thread. I d/l the album today. Great post-ride chill music. :thumbsup:

// heh:
After the breakup of a band, a relationship, and bout with sickness (mononucleosis of the liver), Vernon left Raleigh and moved back to Wisconsin spending three months in his father's cabin in the woods of northern Wisconsin. According to Vernon, it was during this time that the "Bon Iver" moniker first entered his mind; while bedridden with mononucleosis, he began watching the television series Northern Exposure on DVD. One episode depicts a group of citizens in Alaska, where the show is set, emerging from their homes into the first snowfall of the winter and wishing one another a "bon hiver" (French for "good winter"). This was initially transcribed by Vernon as "boniverre"; however, when he learned of its proper French spelling, he elected not to use it, deciding "hiver" reminded him too much of "liver", the source of his illness at the time.

·
Is not a clown car
2,191 Posts
Yep. Bon Iver has been on regular rotation for a good bit now. He's actually been a bit hard to transition out of. Just too damned good.

//You just knew he had to have a beard too.

////Go Wisco!

/////Fleet Foxes are good too.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Been bumping his stuff on the regular lately.

My fam has a cabin in the northwoods of Wisconsin. I think if I were to record an album I'd do the same thing.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Kinda reminds me of my boy, Devendra Banhart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts