Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Viola!

the Lounge jersey got its proper run on the Paris-Roubaix course today, and as a result got seen by Boonen & Quickstep, and the Rabobank team as they schooled me on how fast you're "supposed" to go on cobbles. :rolleyes:

The sensation just came back to my hands so I could type this up.

Flanders and Gent-Wevelgem are behind us now, looking forward to ringside at Roubaix on Sunday.

I'd love to hang around and chat, but there's beer & waffles with my name on it back in Belgium. Alstublieft!

Cobbly yours~
HW

// the first two photos are right at the start of the Arenberg Forest where the pavement ends and all hell breaks loose.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Now that will definitely bring out the green monster of jealousy you lucky bastid!

The lounge kit and Pave' go well together.

·
Festina Lente'
11,508 Posts
You should have a waffle tucked in the jersey pocket...

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
HW and boonen in one thread = secksiness explosion

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
1) who's the dude with the cute butt in the first pic?
2) Tommeke's not wearing gloves. Dumbass or studly?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
did boonen ask where H&B Cyclery was?

ps: why did i think boonen would be on a white bike?
pps: doesnt that bike look cramped for him? shoulda told him his seat was too high
ppss: jerk

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Beets!

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts
Hollywood said:
Viola!

the Lounge jersey got its proper run on the Paris-Roubaix course today, and as a result got seen by Boonen & Quickstep, and the Rabobank team as they schooled me on how fast you're "supposed" to go on cobbles. :rolleyes:

The sensation just came back to my hands so I could type this up.

Flanders and Gent-Wevelgem are behind us now, looking forward to ringside at Roubaix on Sunday.

I'd love to hang around and chat, but there's beer & waffles with my name on it back in Belgium. Alstublieft!

Cobbly yours~
HW

// the first two photos are right at the start of the Arenberg Forest where the pavement ends and all hell breaks loose.
wow....envy by any other name....

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Did Boonen remember you from the ToC?

He's not wearing gloves? Crazy!!

How long did you ride on the cobbles for? Made any changes to your bike for it (double layer tape etc)?

Lucky bugger.

Oh and, didcha meet estone2 over there? I know he's headed there for the races too but I forgot if he's still there for Roubaix.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Wow.
Trade ya - I'll go over to Belgium to watch racing and you can come to Chicago and read RBR while your office is open on Good Friday. Deal?

Thanks for taking me away, you're my 'Calgon' today.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Cool...I'm very jealous.

Enjoy

Len

·
Bacon!
9,190 Posts
Wow am I jealous right now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.