Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Bontrager RXL 360 softshell jacket huge blowout

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Migen21 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have two RXL 360s and two 180s and I like them. Your back will get damp in a heavy rain but not cold. Front and shoulders don't seem to get soaked. The 180 is the same jacket but without an insulating layer. The 180 is a little warmer than a Castelli Gaba. I generally wear and XXL in Castelli, with Bontranger it is Large.

#4 ·
Bought first 180 last year at local LBS sale with an additional discount coupon; deal too good to pass up. After wearing it several times I liked the fit and found the quality at the sale price was hard to beat. As time went on I picked up another 180 and the two 360s jackets via sales with additional discount coupons. I really like Castelli stuff but for the discounted price its hard to beat these Bontrager jackets. I try and have 2-2+ of everything I like so I don't have to wash bike gear as often. If it looks like I will hit some rain I will wear a Gabba or 180 based upon the expect ride temp. You can always add a base layer to the Gabba and be fine also. The 360s work well on colder days, only thing missing compared to some of my Castelli jackets is zippered chest vents which are nice to have sometimes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.