Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got all excited about a wireless cyclometer with cadence that I picked up for $25 plus shipping. It got here today (in like 2 days, sweet!). I'm psyched to open and install it. I open the box, check the invoice, everything seems right. Then I pull out the cyclometer and it says it's waterproof. Okay, maybe I just didn't know to expect that. But then there were all these wires - wtf?

they advertised and charged me for a wireless with cadence. what they actually sent me was a wired cyclometer that doesn't even have a ride odometer v. total odometer. my first $10 wal mart cyclometer had more functions than this one. now i have to pay to ship it back for a refund. I don't want a refund, I want the F'ing cyclometer I ordered! :mad:

bad bad bad first impression.

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
terry b said:
What model and brand?

Cadence is often a wired function on wireless computers. You're sure the whole thing is wired?
this is what they sent me:

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/ECH0007/Echowell-Echo-V-2-Cycling-Computer.html

$16.98 on backcountry, which says the retail is $28.

The model listed on my invoice is the echowell R4 "wireless cadence."

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/ECH0010/Echowell-Echo-R4-Wireless-Cadence.html

$46.46 on backcountry, retail $70ish.

why should I have to pay for return shipping when they f'd up?

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,354 Posts
paint said:
this is what they sent me:

http://www.backcountryoutlet.com/outlet/ECH0007/Echowell-Echo-V-2-Cycling-Computer.html

$16.98 on backcountry, which says the retail is $28.
Booo! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why do I suspect the "De Rosa" up earlier would end up being a tricycle? :mad2:

I edited also: ;)

That's friggin false advertisement otherwise and I'd demand free return shipping from the bastids. You may borrow my Raving/Flaming Penguin of Destruction if it would help dealing with "Customer Service".

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Room 1201 said:
Paint, what did your invoice say? Whay did the packing slip say about contents?
Invoice said contents was a black Echowell R4, I edited with linky above.

·
Captain Obvious
11,956 Posts
wow. that blows. i haven't bought anything yet and you are the first review i've heard so far.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,354 Posts
paint said:
Invoice said contents was a black Echowell R4, I edited with linky above.
I edited too now.

I'd demand free return shipping from the bastids. You may borrow my Raving/Flaming Penguin of Destruction if it would help dealing with "Customer Service".

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't find a phone number readily available on the site (though admittedly I have yet to check my invoice). I did, however, try to make contact through the on-site email feature. I described the situation and told them that I would like to exchange the product and receive a shipping credit in the amount that I paid them to ship to me. We'll see what (if any) response I receive.

I will report back. Flaming penguins will be used if necessary. :cool:

·
Humanity...or....Vanity?
406 Posts
paint said:
I didn't find a phone number readily available on the site (though admittedly I have yet to check my invoice). I did, however, try to make contact through the on-site email feature. I described the situation and told them that I would like to exchange the product and receive a shipping credit in the amount that I paid them to ship to me. We'll see what (if any) response I receive.

I will report back. Flaming penguins will be used if necessary. :cool:
Dispute the problem through your credit card company if they do not follow up. This will get their attention if their response is not up to your liking.

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dwwheels said:
Dispute the problem through your credit card company if they do not follow up. This will get their attention if their response is not up to your liking.
i will keep this in mind. i'm hoping they just do the good thing - pay for return shipping and sent me the item I ordered.

·
Captain Obvious
11,956 Posts
you shouldn't have to pay for return shipping on their mistakes. it is possible it was just a mistake. does the box match the computer or the invoice?

·
here comes trouble
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tomk96 said:
you shouldn't have to pay for return shipping on their mistakes. it is possible it was just a mistake. does the box match the computer or the invoice?
no. the box matches the computer inside it. so they're not sticking cheapie computers in nicer comp boxes.

i'm not saying they're shady (yet), i'm just saying they screwed up.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,415 Posts
Andrea138 said:
I just ordered a long sleeve base layer off off SAC. Hopefully it arrives as pictured :(

Everything I've ordered from SAC has been shipped uber fast (2 days to so. cal.) and just as advertised.

joe

·
Captain Obvious
11,956 Posts
paint said:
no. the box matches the computer inside it. so they're not sticking cheapie computers in nicer comp boxes.

i'm not saying they're shady (yet), i'm just saying they screwed up.

a co-worker had an older model gps shipped in the new model box not that long ago from some online retailer. don't know if somebody was trying to screw the retailer or vice versa, but they did straighten it out pretty quickly.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
I would think its a mistake. The shoes I ordered are fantastic, perfect, etc. I had ordered the same pair from STP and they arrived in a beat up box where someone had used white marker on some white rubbed spots on the shoes, and they had no tags, etc.... I sent those back. I ordered the exact same shoes then from CL and they were bran-spankin new...

Arrived stupid fast. Im happy.

They will return your item no problem.

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
Its a miss-ship. Inconvenient sure, but sheesh. :rolleyes:

I have ordered three times in the last week. All shipped same day, and the first two arrived with no problems. If there is a problem with the third, I will contact them and am sure they will fix it.

·
Banned
3,317 Posts
2 orders so far, no problems. They're about 8 miles away, so if anything goes wrong, I can just run over there, but so far so good.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.