Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased Weight Training for Cyclists (second edition). If anybody has looked at this book, I have a couple of questions for you.

I am trying to figure out how to actually perform their training plan. If you look at table 11.4, they have all the exercises listed that you are supposed to do.

Questions:

1. Are they intending for you to do every exercise listed or just one per body section, i.e. squats and single leg squat touchdowns, or do you just pick one?

2. Are the exercises supposed to be performed in a circuit or horizontal fashion?

Thanks for you feedback.

Rick

·
leon2982
230 Posts
look in the back section

They have sample plans listed in the back. I just follow those plans. I have seen significant improvemnt in my overall fitness by following the recommendations in this book.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at the back section. That is what the question is about. I want to understand the back section.

·
leon2982
230 Posts
I think you can choose

If you look at the rest period section for each exercise you'll see only a few have any rest at all. I think the author is suggesting that you to do one after another without rest except for the ones where it says to rest.

But in other sections of the book they talk about the need to stay flexible in how you do the program and to mix up the order too. I think they talk about how you can just do one or two sections of the plan each day but you would have to work out more times per week, Like you could do a legs part and maybe a balance part one day and the other sections on another day. The way I do it is I do the entire workout about 3 times a week. Sometimes I start at the beginning, sometimes I reverse it, and some times I start in the middle somewhere. I don't rest unless the column for rest says to rest.

I think they touch on most of your questions in the book. I had to read it a couple times and find myself going back to sections for a re-read from time to time.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
Look into these babies.
Lots of free info on kettlebells on youtube

1 - 5 of 5 Posts