Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am quite new to using a race bike, but would like to order some good books about skills and racing technique. Would be nice to learn more about climbing, descending, cornering, braking etc. It does not have to bee a whole book about skills only, I do not mind having some general books that cover more, like training, with some chapters about skills it if these are the better ones.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,419 Posts
Doin' is always better than readin'

Find a group that is faster than you, and hang on.

You want to learn how to race? Well, just enter a few races.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
I'd pick road rider.com. Membership is free unless you decide on the premium which, IMO, is definitely not worth it. They have paperback books as well as ebooks that are down loadable. I'd suggest you look there.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Cyclists training bible is a great go-to for racers of all levels. This doesn't really cover skills, but more of training techniques and how to prepare yourself for the season.

Racing tactics for Cyclists is one of the best books on how to race I've read so far. It covers the various formations and really teaches you how to hide from the wind.

·
Registered
679 Posts
George M said:
"Roadie the Misunderstood World of a Bike Racier." by Jamie Smith
" The Lance Armstrong Performance Program"
+1 on both books. The la training book has a huge section devoted to the simpler stuff. And the jamie smith book is both entertaining and well written.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts