Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or is this a hush, hush suspension? No word from ASO yet about his TDF status.

http://www.velonews.com/article/77409/boonen-apologizes

Kinda reminds me of MJ so called "retierment" for 2 yrs from the NBA. No, that was IMO a hush, hush suspension for his off the court issues.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
or is this a hush, hush suspension? No word from ASO yet about his TDF status.

http://www.velonews.com/article/77409/boonen-apologizes

Kinda reminds me of MJ so called "retierment" for 2 yrs from the NBA. No, that was IMO a hush, hush suspension for his off the court issues.
Well, with Boonen's "break", we are likely to witness a two man battle for the green jersey at the tour this year. Cavendish vs. McEwen. Sorry to Thor but I don't think he's got the stuff to upstage either.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
MG537 said:
Sorry to Thor but I don't think he's got the stuff to upstage either.
He's not as fast as those other two, but it's a long three weeks. Cavendish doesn't yet have the experience to win every stage for which he has a chance. And Robbie, my favorite, doesn't alway have the necessary luck.

JSR

·
Registered
217 Posts
Kestreljr said:
You talking about his gambling on golf and the like? What was the story?
There was the rumor going around atthe time that he was involved too much with gambling (betting and hanging with some shady characters), and instead of destroying the NBA and MJ's image, MJ was given a secret suspension. Personally I wouldn't doubt it, but most likely just a rumor.

·
Registered
337 Posts
JSR said:
He's not as fast as those other two, but it's a long three weeks. Cavendish doesn't yet have the experience to win every stage for which he has a chance. And Robbie, my favorite, doesn't alway have the necessary luck.

JSR
I think Cavendish and McEwen are a lot more likely than Thor to get clipped by a time cutoff on a mountain stage.

Anyone know if Barloworld will make it? I like the way Robbie Hunter animated some of the sprints last year, as well as Soler in the mountains.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AJL said:
What do you mean about no word on his TDF status
At the time VeloNews and I posted, ASO said nothing. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
gregdogg62 said:
There was the rumor going around atthe time that he was involved too much with gambling (betting and hanging with some shady characters), and instead of destroying the NBA and MJ's image, MJ was given a secret suspension. Personally I wouldn't doubt it, but most likely just a rumor.
Yep. Looks likeed he owed millions and they killed hsi Dad over it. Yeah, it was a "rumor" because tha damage it would have done to the NBA.

What I don't get is why the FBI found nothing. Hmm..MJ owes millions and gambaling, his Dad is killed by some guys and no one knows anything :rolleyes:.

OIk.....Just the like crap now going on with the NBA. The whole thing is rigged! They did NOT wnat MJ or thier image tainted so I bet they shut some people up. Maybe they paid MJ's debt off with LOTS on interest. :idea:

·
Registered
111 Posts
DIRT BOY said:
Yep. Looks likeed he owed millions and they killed hsi Dad over it. Yeah, it was a "rumor" because tha damage it would have done to the NBA.

What I don't get is why the FBI found nothing. Hmm..MJ owes millions and gambaling, his Dad is killed by some guys and no one knows anything :rolleyes:.

OIk.....Just the like crap now going on with the NBA. The whole thing is rigged! They did NOT wnat MJ or thier image tainted so I bet they shut some people up. Maybe they paid MJ's debt off with LOTS on interest. :idea:
LOL! You have quite an imagination, dirt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.