Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
rock n rolling resistance
Joined
·
851 Posts
dawgcatching said:
Makes sense: chainsuck on a carbon frame isn't a good thing. I try to install one on every carbon frame I sell.
I've always had em on every bike I can fit one but it won't fit on some ST... I've always wondered why they don't make ones for larger ST and non-round ST...
 

·
NeoRetroGrouch
Joined
·
6,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6was9 said:
I've always had em on every bike I can fit one but it won't fit on some ST... I've always wondered why they don't make ones for larger ST and non-round ST...
They make Dog Fangs up to 1 3/8". For non-round you have to use one of the brands that uses a hose clamp. - TF
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
what about for a c40 hp?

i have had third eye chainwatchers on my last 4 bikes, but now i have a newly built c40 hp,
and would like to use the deda dog fang, but need to know from someone with knowlege,

-does it fit?, cause it looks like the pacement would be overlapping the bb lug/seat tube, as if mounted on the seatube it would be too high in relation to the small ring/chain.

-what size works best?

thanks for any input!




dawgcatching said:
Makes sense: chainsuck on a carbon frame isn't a good thing. I try to install one on every carbon frame I sell.
 

·
rock n rolling resistance
Joined
·
851 Posts
odeum said:
i have had third eye chainwatchers on my last 4 bikes, but now i have a newly built c40 hp,
and would like to use the deda dog fang, but need to know from someone with knowlege,

-does it fit?, cause it looks like the pacement would be overlapping the bb lug/seat tube, as if mounted on the seatube it would be too high in relation to the small ring/chain.

-what size works best?

thanks for any input!
Right... I've never seen or tried a Deda one but Redline or Third Eye ones don't fit my C50 (Third Eye is the one with a hose clamp).... and goes without saying, no way on my KG486...they'll have to come up with entirely different concept for these odd shaped tubes...

You can see in this picture (see below the Polar Cadence sensor) how they rigged the standrad Deda dog fang to fit around a non-standard larger ST...I'm not sure how well it would hold up using a zip tie though:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2005/tour05/tech/?id=valverde_opera/IMG_0456

Deda makes 35mm dog fang that might fit C40/50... I am going to try one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,674 Posts
rocco said:
QS has been using those on all of their bikes for all of the races for quite a while now.
Indurain used one in 1994, in the mountain TT to Avoriaz.

Can't find a pic online but check out Graham Watson's book.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
i found a source for the deda dog fang on the open market:
www.store.airbomb.com/Itemdesc.asp?ic=ch5802&link=qbike

to me at a glance, it looks like the carbon bb lug extends too far up the seat tube on my c40 to position this correctly...

the redline looks to the same type design.





6was9 said:
Deda makes 35mm dog fang that might fit C40/50... I am going to try one.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top