Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first the IOC says this: no one on Russian team with any history of proven doping will be allowed to compete at RIO ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/25/sports/olympics/rio-russia-ban-doping.html?_r=0

Then I wake up and see this Russian woman Olga Zabelinskaya wins silver in the ITT soon after serving a 18 month suspension for doping???

I smell a rat. Russia is buying the IOC, or UCI

This after letting the doper-breaststroker win silver yesterday! The Latest: Yulia Efimova's status still uncertain for Rio And.. somehow the brave sacrificing Yuliya Stepanova who blew the whistle and took huge risks to go under cover to reveal the proof of Russian government-operated doping, and still hiding in fear for her life is still banned from competing. Rio 2016: Russian whistleblower Yuliya Stepanova will not contest ban - BBC Sport

I am glad that Kristen Armstrong won the ITT.

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts

·
Forever a Student
4,963 Posts
I am glad that Kristen Armstrong won the ITT.
Do yourself a favor: Go to the UCI website and look at the list of athletes on the Doping Control list, aka the "whereabouts" program. Tell me who's missing. You'll be surprised to find the number of female cyclists not even taking part in the testing program at all.

Hint: Start with gold and silver.

·
Have good, get give
964 Posts
I'm really curious what these swimmers are on and if they do any type of biopassport control.

Also seems like golden boy phelps may have taken a bucket load of HGH back in the day.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do yourself a favor: Go to the UCI website and look at the list of athletes on the Doping Control list, aka the "whereabouts" program. Tell me who's missing. You'll be surprised to find the number of female cyclists not even taking part in the testing program at all.

Hint: Start with gold and silver.
Oh I agree about all that. doping still out there. But individual or team doping is relatively less of a problem for the world than state doping.

What ticks me off more is that the Russian state involvement, and actually compelling their athletes to dope .. that is being rewarded for propaganda and geopolitical purposes (it is being done to preserve Putin's status with his voters, keep them distracted from his murderous activities). Ultimately undermining what sport is about in the first place. Makes individual doping seem relatively trivial, imho

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
yes. As long as Efimova is banned so should any athlete from Russia who was busted (at a minumum)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.