Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
boring topic...but my EPS is here

just to share my excitment as it just arrived. being built and will show more pics later. One thing weird....it's supposed to come with a seatpost but didn't get delivered?! Shop said they are still waiting for that:rolleyes: :rolleyes:


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,270 Posts
Beautiful new parts arriving in the mail?? There is NOTHING boring about that topic! ;)

Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
I agree. Nothing boring about a pic of a nice Colnago. I think I posted 4 pics of my C50 the day it arrived.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
287 Posts
"it's supposed to come with a seatpost but didn't get delivered?! Shop said they are still waiting for that"

Maybe you could ride the bike without sitting down till the seatpost arrives :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx guys. I've seen couple of memebers had posted their EPS with the same paintjob, that's why i mentioned "boring". I would LOVE to get another painjob but the truth is, no other paintjobs could fancy me more. So...I settled on the AMIT and my second choice would be the AMSB.

Anyhow, just got words that my bike shop got Emesto to sign my frame during his local-visits last week.....I'd say thats a good "Manufacture Rebate". Will keep you guys posted with pics later!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
Made of Money are we??? :)

Saw your '09 Look 595 on the Look Forum. Must be nice to own such nice steeds!!! I'm just jealous that is all!! I desire a Look 585 or 595 Ultra badly!!! EPS, is sweet too but I have an Ext C that I am waiting to build up so shouldn't be jonesin for the EPS too!! When you get some time on both of them, please give us a ride report between the EPS, 595 and even the old Paris carbon. Enjoy!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
colnago_ed said:
when are you gonna have it ready ? can't wait to see it in person
honestly, I don't know- hopefully soon- I want to get some time on it in the Rockies before we move to Portland this summer. One thing holding up my build is that I have been trying to decide if I want to keep or sell my Record 10 group that I originally bought for my Dean which is taking forever for them to make. If I decide to keep R10, then I will want to get R10 for the XC too. If I sell the 10, (which is what I am leaning toward and currently testing the waters on craigslist), I will buy a Record 11 group for the XC and a Chorus 11 for the Dean. I may just go ahead and buy the 2 11 spd groups and build up the XC right away and the Dean whenever it gets done. If I do that, I will take my time and sell the new 10 group on ebay when new 10 spd groups become rare ( in a 1 to 3 years maybe??)

Did you get your CF7 yet? If so, how do you like the CF7 compared to your other rides? Your CF7 is SR 11 right? What are your thoughts on the 11 v 10 thing? I bought the 10 group a while back but I am kicking myself a bit because this is my first high-end Campry group and I should have just went with the R11. I have Veloce 10 on my '05 Colnago Mix and I am fine with that as it will be my rain bike when we move to Portland. Just wish I had done the 11's for my new bikes.

BTW, my XC will pale in comparison to all of your Colnagos!!! Don't know why you would want to see BORING regular Colnagos when you have such incredible Ferrari Colnagos!!! Lastly, there iis one correction to my frame: it is a PR00 not the EITA that I told was available. Doesn't really bother me too much as the bit of Italian colors under the COLNAGO sticker is hardly noticeable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Ride-Fly said:
honestly, I don't know- hopefully soon- I want to get some time on it in the Rockies before we move to Portland this summer. One thing holding up my build is that I have been trying to decide if I want to keep or sell my Record 10 group that I originally bought for my Dean which is taking forever for them to make. If I decide to keep R10, then I will want to get R10 for the XC too. If I sell the 10, (which is what I am leaning toward and currently testing the waters on craigslist), I will buy a Record 11 group for the XC and a Chorus 11 for the Dean. I may just go ahead and buy the 2 11 spd groups and build up the XC right away and the Dean whenever it gets done. If I do that, I will take my time and sell the new 10 group on ebay when new 10 spd groups become rare ( in a 1 to 3 years maybe??)

Did you get your CF7 yet? If so, how do you like the CF7 compared to your other rides? Your CF7 is SR 11 right? What are your thoughts on the 11 v 10 thing? I bought the 10 group a while back but I am kicking myself a bit because this is my first high-end Campry group and I should have just went with the R11. I have Veloce 10 on my '05 Colnago Mix and I am fine with that as it will be my rain bike when we move to Portland. Just wish I had done the 11's for my new bikes.

BTW, my XC will pale in comparison to all of your Colnagos!!! Don't know why you would want to see BORING regular Colnagos when you have such incredible Ferrari Colnagos!!! Lastly, there iis one correction to my frame: it is a PR00 not the EITA that I told was available. Doesn't really bother me too much as the bit of Italian colors under the COLNAGO sticker is hardly noticeable.
Actually I am still waiting for my CF7 to show up, my bike shop told me on Dec,08 my bike is going to be there may be by X'mas, but with the experience of the waiting CF6 I was just smile, I know it is not going to be show up that early

Tofumann is my buddy so I want to see the bike in person, when we riding together :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
colnago_ed said:
Actually I am still waiting for my CF7 to show up, my bike shop told me on Dec,08 my bike is going to be there may be by X'mas, but with the experience of the waiting CF6 I was just smile, I know it is not going to be show up that early

Tofumann is my buddy so I want to see the bike in person, when we riding together :p

yep...ordered my EP Nov 1st, quoted 10 weeks...ha ha .....still waiting:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,916 Posts
colnago_ed said:
Actually I am still waiting for my CF7 to show up, my bike shop told me on Dec,08 my bike is going to be there may be by X'mas, but with the experience of the waiting CF6 I was just smile, I know it is not going to be show up that early

Tofumann is my buddy so I want to see the bike in person, when we riding together :p
Ed where in L.A. are you? I used to live in Agoura Hills/Oak Park. Some of the best riding in the world in the Santa Monica Mtns!! I love the Fernwood ride- Mullholland to Stunt Rd or Piuma to Schueren which go you on to Brown Latigo to Saddle Peak to Fernwood to Old Topanga- that was my favorite. I miss it!!! Do you do group rides with a shop? I used to ride with Sundance Cycles in Agoura. Nice bunch of guys and gals. Haven't done that in years and wonder how big its gotten.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Tofumann, has your SP arrived? Who was your shop? As one of the many changes, Colnago America does offer the SP & C-HS included in the system. And the SP IS included with each box.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
I will honestly say this much. Your Customer Service is definitely a million times better just from what you have been posting on this board. Veltec took forever to get back to me about some cable guides that were missing from a used frame I bought. I can only hope that this level of customer service continues for a while (i.e., for my future frame purchases).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Thank you for the feed back. NO! the new level of Customer Service that you have experieced so far, will NOT continue - it will improve! For you as a Consumer but also for the Authorized Colnago Dealer. Thank you for the support. Colnago America.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Colnago America said:
Tofumann, has your SP arrived? Who was your shop? As one of the many changes, Colnago America does offer the SP & C-HS included in the system. And the SP IS included with each box.

since u here on line, any word on my #88 CF7 ? I been waiting for this one since last yr
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,185 Posts
Ed,

If that response is to your request, which I would assume it is because I think you ride either 48s or 50s, you are in good shape. Post pics when you get it you lucky guy.

Colnago America, you should really think about using a hybrid posting method because it is really hard to follow who you are responding to, or at least quote the post you are responding to in your reply. If you use a hybrid method of posting and use the quick reply to reply to people, you will see sub-threads within a thread wherein other issues can remain in that sub-thread. It is an option under "My Account".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Colnago America said:
It is a size 48s correct? If, you should be able to pick it up at you LBS today. Colnago America.
:23: yes, finally I am waiting for bike shop to call me anytime now ,,,
thanks for quick reply :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Tofumann, is you bottom bracket Italian or English?

Colnago America, when did you change to English bottom bracket occur and were some 2009 Colnago's made with the Italian BB like the EPS? Thanks.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top