Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santiago Botero said today that he's done for the season, possibly forever. I guess that's that.

Would he have been a strong force to HELP Landis in the tour, or would the "two leader" nonsense have hurt him? Will it unify Phonak / Ishares?

((This is more directly related to the end of a pro's career than doping, so I put it here...))

·
pass the hot sauce
197 Posts
I'm in the unify camp. I think the strategy would have been to allow Botero freedom to hunt for stage wins... give the team a second card to play. As for hardcore mountain domestique work, I think Botero was too inconsistent.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i too think this help Landis, Botero was a great rider, however he was a little inconsitent for the leader and this would also have been a hiderence for his leader. I do believe though that Landis will have an impact on the tour but he will have a poor day in the mountains towards the end and will fail to live up to lofty expectations. just my opinion.

·
Do not touch the trim.
2,383 Posts
Argentius said:
Santiago Botero said today that he's done for the season, possibly forever. I guess that's that.

Would he have been a strong force to HELP Landis in the tour, or would the "two leader" nonsense have hurt him? Will it unify Phonak / Ishares?

((This is more directly related to the end of a pro's career than doping, so I put it here...))
Phonak's benching of him and Guti seems to have had the desired effect as LeBlanc (ASO) commented about it yesterday. "We approve the courage of Phonak's manager John Lelangue to keep away from racing two of his riders named in the Spanish affair."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.