Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know anything about eighties Bottecchias? I picked up an '85 Bottecchia in pretty good shape for 300 bucks of ebay. It's got lots of newer parts on it. I am new to road biking and figured I should buy an older steel frame rather than a new aluminum one. Just wondering if This is a decent bike? Also, where do I find more info on it? Thankx

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Need more info

Is there a model designated? Is there a Columbus sticker (and what does it say?). What components are on there? etc.... Photo? There are some beautiful Bottecchias around...search on this forum.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Bottecchias Are Great

I have an '89 Bottecchia that is constructed beautifully out of columbus SPX tubing. The workmanship is superb. I love the way it rides. It is very smooth and is very quick handling. It descends very capably and there is not even a hint of speed wobble even at 45 mph. I have compared it to other lugged steel bikes and I have not seen any that look any better. The paint on the other hand has issues. Like most Italian paint, it chips if you look at it wrong. I was watching an old video of the '94 Grio D' Italia and one of the Italian riders won a stage on a Bottecchia.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts