Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok...long story...keep it short as I can...I have a CAAD10 w/SRAM Force BB30 compact crank. Want to try Rotor Q-Rings but they only make one outer ring that's compatible with my crank. It's a 50t and is not 5 position adjustable like their regular Road & Aero rings. I had wanted to run their 52/36 Aero rings. So now I'm comtemplating replacing the crank with the same thing but in GXP (non-BB30). So now I need a bottom bracket adapter to do this. I know nothing about bottom bracket adapters..... Somebody please school me. What brands, technologies, etc. Not interested in any ceramic stuff.... Just reasonably priced, reasonably light, & reliable. Also, will the adapter increase my Q-factor ? I'd actually like this... as long as the chainline/shifting isn't negatively affected..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Julio,
I would like for whatever solution I implement to be reversible, if not for myself, for when I sell the bike a few years down the road. So far the bearings have been nice & quiet. Do the adapters widen the Q-factor ? As I said, I would actually welcome this as long as it did not affect shifting performance which will be fun enough setting up with the Q-Rings I plan to run.
Anything else you can tell me as to what to look for or avoid in a BB30 bottom bracket adapter ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.