Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bsilver
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Jamis Xenith Endura 1 that is about 2 month old with about 400 plus miles.
After the 1st month It developed a intermintent noise. Return to the LBS and they returned it with an explanation that the bottom bracket needed lube. Now tonight about a month has passed and the noise is back and a noise now when the the front fork is turned right or left. The noise in the bottom bracket occurs when I put pressure to the pedals to move faster. At a constant revolution no noise. I am going to take it back to my LBS tomorrow. The question I have is how should i approach the issue with them. I must note the owner is a super person! The other question is there some lubrication i should be doing on a regular basis.

Thanks,

bsiler

·
RoadBikeRider
907 Posts
A BB should not need to be re lubed monthly. Unless you are riding in constant rain or underwater. I re grease mine once a year (5,000 miles) and then it does not even seem to really need it. Like you said, the shop owner is a nice guy, just tell him your concerns and hopefuly he will help you out. Headset might just need to be re torqued.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts