19,737 Posts
that was AWESOME.

thanks for sharing that.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
terry b said:
You know that they were all Communists, right?
The workers, the photographers or the OP?

·
Devoid of all flim-flam
7,284 Posts
Outstanding photos. That photo of the women on lunch break could be Van Gogh's Potato Eaters.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Wow, I need to bookmark that and look a little closer.

Our modern digital ultra expensive cameras take better pictures in what way? There is something about the color of old film that just glows.

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,953 Posts
Striking -- you know what stands out most to me? Not one single obese kid or adult.... not even any overweight people (except for that guy in the background of picture 12). I know that the depression left its marks but jeez, has all the extra calorie-packing since then realy translated into happier, healthier people?

Just my 2 cents....

·
You Phillip mah census
4,665 Posts
Some wonderful images there. Thanks a lot for sharing Doc. Heroic effort by all concerned.

·
Palm trees & sunshine!
24,200 Posts
Awesome. My favorite is the shot of the welder but they're all pretty amazing.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
philippec said:
Striking -- you know what stands out most to me? Not one single obese kid or adult.... not even any overweight people (except for that guy in the background of picture 12). I know that the depression left its marks ....

The school lunch program was started in the USA when the draft in WWII was turning up a bunch of young men who were malnourished.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,288 Posts
Very cool link!

I'm going to have to take those a few at a time, they deserve a good study.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dr hoo said:
The school lunch program was started in the USA when the draft in WWII was turning up a bunch of young men who were malnourished.
Interesting. Didn't know that.

Other thing is that the subjects of the photos were poor, and this was -- I'm assuming -- before McD's, Big Gulps, Doritos, HFCS, etc.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts