Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was finishing up a bottle of Baker's 7, spinning some Chris Stapleton and going through some pics of the 24 Hours of Booty events. Also was drinking out of 24 HOB Grand Tour glass that one of our teammates made for the 3 of us that did the Grand Tour in 2013.

Below is a pic of the current reigning furniture princess...

·
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
8,074 Posts
I was finishing up a bottle of Baker's 7, spinning some Chris Stapleton and going through some pics of the 24 Hours of Booty events. Also was drinking out of 24 HOB Grand Tour glass that one of our teammates made for the 3 of us that did the Grand Tour in 2013.

Below is a pic of the current reigning furniture princess...

View attachment 478342
Are you still in the Michigan area? I found a bottle of this stuff at Smitty's...kind of a grail find for me, as I loved the atmosphere of Artesian Distillery when they were downtown
IMG_20210131_183810_401.jpg

·
gazing from the shadows
27,174 Posts
What's your dram of choice these days?
We've been using wild turkey 101 as a mix or straight, and buffalo trace or bulleit rye for something a bit nicer. Rye is nice in the cold.

Current nice whiskey is glendronach 12, I'm thinking maybe green spot, irish, for the next nice one.

Woodford 5 wood, maybe. $50 for a .375 is just a bit over my booze price limit. But in terms of something I would like to taste, that is on the top of the list right now.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,720 Posts
Oh Hai!! Been a while since we've seen you here.

BTW.. What size saddle do I need?
IMG_20210204_204201559.jpg

·
Non non normal
10,085 Posts
We've been using wild turkey 101 as a mix or straight, and buffalo trace or bulleit rye for something a bit nicer. Rye is nice in the cold.

Current nice whiskey is glendronach 12, I'm thinking maybe green spot, irish, for the next nice one.

Woodford 5 wood, maybe. $50 for a .375 is just a bit over my booze price limit. But in terms of something I would like to taste, that is on the top of the list right now.
Try Rittenhouse Rye for a mixer. I think it is the best for an old fashioned, manhattan, sazarac. Old Overholt is best value for mixer rye.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,866 Posts
I have been drinking Mt Gay Rum on the rocks not much and not often . Hey Tcon, how the hell are you?

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,720 Posts
Aaaandd..... TCon is gone..

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been drinking Mt Gay Rum on the rocks not much and not often . Hey Tcon, how the hell are you?
Hey TOG! I'm doing well. Still in GA just doing the same ole, same ole. Man, I miss rum...and beer. I can't drink either anymore without getting sick. Thankfully I'm still good with bourbon, vodka and moonshine.

Aaaandd..... TCon is gone..
Nah, I've been bouncing around a bit. I'm not online very much anymore. Deleted all my social media accounts from all platforms except LinkedIn last June. Working primarily from home pretty much means when I'm not working the last thing I want to do is be on a laptop, tablet or phone. The best side effect of all that is that notifications on my phone have streamlined to the point that I lose it often now because it stays pretty quiet.

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you still in the Michigan area? I found a bottle of this stuff at Smitty's...kind of a grail find for me, as I loved the atmosphere of Artesian Distillery when they were downtown
Nope, but I miss it. I'm down south in Georgia. I'm originally from there and would go back occasionally. It's been a couple of years since we've been back and are overdue. I was planning on staying with some family for a week in the summer of 2019 but because of some unplanned home repairs there wasn't really room. We went to Maine instead that year...which in places reminded me a lot of parts of Michigan (although the coast was much different).

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,605 Posts
I’d rather have some of my buddy’s moonshine, but in the absence of that, I have some of this:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,748 Posts
Try Rittenhouse Rye for a mixer. I think it is the best for an old fashioned, manhattan, sazarac. Old Overholt is best value for mixer rye.
Rittenhouse is good....not a fan of the Bulleit. Whistle Pig 10 yr is great if you find it on sale.

·
Non non normal
10,085 Posts
Just repurposed this solid cherry computer armoire for my friend's collection. I built a back on the bottom shelf that slides out. Also, built drawer on slide out keyboard rest under the desk slide out which is now where the cutting board and mixing area is located.
IMG_20210215_143552018.jpg
IMG_20210215_143829136.jpg

·
Registered
11,019 Posts
drinking some Rittenhouse right now...just with a couple of cubes...it's definitely sippable or mixable. sorry, but have to pass on Old Overcoat...even mixed, the stuff is barely drinkable. bought a bottle and after a few tastes, gave it away...ugh.

nice to see my daily drinker, 1792, up front and center...!

·
Ricardo Cabeza
19,605 Posts
drinking some Rittenhouse right now...just with a couple of cubes...it's definitely sippable or mixable. sorry, but have to pass on Old Overcoat...even mixed, the stuff is barely drinkable. bought a bottle and after a few tastes, gave it away...ugh.

nice to see my daily drinker, 1792, up front and center...!
I just finished a bottle of that. Not my favorite, but I do like it, and I almost bought another bottle tonight.

Right now I have these on the counter:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts