Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now my wife is pissed at me.

She tends to make mountains out of mole hills, I tend to make mole hills out of mountains.

My daughter started kindergarten last week. Apparently, according to her mother, she has "B.O.". Like, really powerful adult style stinky armpits. Like, man sized daddy just got home from a 100 miler in 100 degree temps knock you over backwards stinky armpits. Well, so she says/ This is a 5 year old we're talking about. I immediately thought "mountain" and said, well, if you are the only one who notices, then I wouldn't worry about it. If someone, like a teacher, says something, then worry. Of course, now I'm the bad guy because she doesn't want our daughter to be "that" girl. I don't either but I also don't want to be chasing windmills all over timbuktu either.

I mentioned the $8000 raise I just got but that didn't seem to help much.

and now I can't even go for a ride because it's raining. Nothing left to do but drink beer and eat.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
or....you could just sit around and stink...............

edit....you tell mom, then she ought to bath said kiddo more often and better?

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Touch0Gray said:
or....you could just sit around and stink...............

edit....you tell mom, then she ought to bath said kiddo more often and better?
oooh, that would go over well.

not.

she already gets a bath a day. I'd smell myself but I'll still be out of town for at least another week.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Andy69 said:
chasing windmills all over timbuktu either.
I'm a "sayings" kind of guy.. i mean i love'm... and excuse my ignorance, but can someone explain this one to me.. I lol'd and I don't even know what it means.

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love Commander said:
"Well it's your fault for passing on your stink-genes, sweetcakes." That's the correct reply. Then smack her on her but.
I'll try that. :)

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Banned
19,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Henry Porter said:
Is it really bad? Could be a metabolic disorder or something else or nothing at all...
I dunno, mom tends to exaggerate, so I always want to see for myself

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
Undecided said:
I don't understand.
He means raining like the nonsense swimming pool in the sky that turns up and then goes away at the end of southern summers, not the constant dreary grey drizzle we have here in the Northwest 9 months a year, right?

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
Andy69 said:
I dunno, mom tends to exaggerate, so I always want to see for myself
ok.............I am REALLY going to recommend against this for so many different reasons...

"here...smell this...is it spoiled?"

·
but thinking about it
1,434 Posts
Argentius said:
He means raining like the nonsense swimming pool in the sky that turns up and then goes away at the end of southern summers, not the constant dreary grey drizzle we have here in the Northwest 9 months a year, right?
Two winters ago I was riding in a real downpour and a pelican landed in the road in front of me, 15 miles inland. If you don't ride in the rain, you'll miss the pelican.

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
I would say that if she's concerned, go ahead and make an appointment with the pediatrician. Problem solved. (or at least deposited in the appropriate lap.)

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,883 Posts
In the pacific northwest, if you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride...

Undecided said:
Two winters ago I was riding in a real downpour and a pelican landed in the road in front of me, 15 miles inland. If you don't ride in the rain, you'll miss the pelican.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That happened to my nephew when he was three. He somehow snorted a 1 inch long piece of styrofoam up his nose that began to emit extremely foul odors after a week or two. Hes now twenty something and is still not quite right.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts