Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A large number of high profile cyclists are ambivalent and vague when discussing the doping issue - for obvious reasons. This is what Paul Kimmage has alluded to many times, including the most reason example in California.
Bradley Wiggins is one cyclist who has always bucked this trend and been very definite in his views. There are many examples of this, but this is my favourite:
From his Autobiography, P 135, When he found out about Floyd...
"My first reaction was purely selfish and related to only to me. 'You bastard Landis', I thought. 'You have completely ruined my own small achievement of getting aound the Tour de France and being a smal part of cycling history. You and guys like you are pissing on my sport and my dreams. Why do guys like you keep cheating? How many of you are out there, taking the piss and getting away with it? There is me trailing home 131st, and for all I know, I might be a top 50 rider if we all started on a level playing field. Sod you all. You are a bunch of cheating bastards and I hope one day they catch the lot of you and ban you all for life. You can keep doing it your way and I will keep doing it mine. You won't ever change me, you sods. Bollocks to you all. At least I can look myself in the mirror."

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Digger28 said:
From his Autobiography, P 135, When he found out about Floyd...
"My first reaction was purely selfish and related to only to me. 'You bastard Landis', I thought."
That was his first reaction, but what does he think now?

·
Registered
660 Posts
It's really hard to tell these days... who to believe

Did Jens Voight jojn the chorus a year or two ago criticizing the dopers and say similar things to Wiggens. And now we find out Frank Schleck was at the time Voight was making those statements was likely received blood work/transfusions from Fuentes etc...

Hard to believe that Andy, Jens and the rest didn't know about it or weren't doing it themselves. Especially now that Jorg Jasche says Riis was involved with riders doping plans...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts