Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me for not knowing the exact term for the adjustment lever for the brakes but I have noticed that lately mine ahs been more and more difficult to move when taking my front wheel on and off. Should this part be lubricated?

·
Registered
21,639 Posts
Quick release

c0braje7 said:
Forgive me for not knowing the exact term for the adjustment lever for the brakes but I have noticed that lately mine ahs been more and more difficult to move when taking my front wheel on and off. Should this part be lubricated?
It's called the quick release, just like the quick release on your hubs. And yes, just like any moving part on the bike, it should be lubricated. The easiest way is to loosen the cable attachment so as to release all tension, put a drop or two of oil where it can work its way in, and flip the lever back and forth many times. If there's a lot of black stuff coming out, wipe off the excess lube and repeat the lube and work process. When you're done, wipe off the excess oil, reattach the brake cable, and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.