Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a fixie that's drilled for brakes that you aren't using, I found a very cool company that sells little plastic plugs that fill the vacant holes. You can probably find the same thing at Home Depot, but these guys have no minimum order, and they ship for free! They come in white, almond, honey, medium grey, and black in a variety of sizes. For my '06 Steamroller, I used the 1/4" black plugs to fill the rear brake holes and the fender holes on the chainstay bridge; I just pushed them in with no tools or glue. These things are cheap -- about 20 cents each -- so you can get a bunch of different sizes and colors to see which ones fit and match the best.
<p>
http://www.widgetco.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.-107/.f
<p>
BTW, I have no connection to this company - in fact, they'll probably be pissed when they get a bunch of 40-cent orders!
<p>
Enjoy!
-------the helpful a**hole

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
eddie m said:
Those plugs are usually availbale at hardware stores, and for less than 20 cents each.

Yes, I noted that they may be available elsewhere, but you often have to buy a whole bag of them, and they usually only offer a couple of sizes or colors. Just trying to help out here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts