Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to increase the distance between my crown fork & brake caliper & between my brake bridge & caliper in order to get clearance of the brake shoes & pads.

Where can I obtain serrated washers & spacers? Thanks.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,331 Posts
SHVentus said:
I need to increase the distance between my crown fork & brake caliper & between my brake bridge & caliper in order to get clearance of the brake shoes & pads.

Where can I obtain serrated washers & spacers? Thanks.
Are you near an Ace Hardware? That'd be 2nd guess after the LBS.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to not only mount my brakes now, but have a supply for future use. I really don't want to clean out my LBS, or put a healthy dent in their supply.

I've looked at Loose Screws, Bike Parts.com, etc. but can't seem to locate them. Where do the LBS's get theirs? Thanks.

·
I Type, Therefore I Am
1,842 Posts
Home Depot?

C'mon. Are you serious? Just because you need it for a bike, doesn't mean it needs to come from a bike shop. Machine screws, washers, things like that and in plentiful supply at a hardware store. Probably a heck of a lot cheaper too.

·
Arrogant roadie.....
4,232 Posts
Go to your local Home Depot, Lowes, whatever. Go to the "hardware" section. Look for the stainless steel hardware (usually in the lower drawers), and find what you need. Bring along the old fasteners in case you need to check thread pitch, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.