Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trek 1200 and the brake pad is/was rubbing the front tire. The back is close but ok. The brake pad is mounted as low as it can go in the slot on the brake caliper and it still rubs the tire just above the rim. Is there a way to fix this problem? For a temporary fix I had to file off the top part of the brake pad so it would quit rubbing but there has to be a better fix than that. My other option is to get a dermel and make the slot a little bigger so that it will allow me to drop the pad some more. But wanted to check with the experts (you all) and see if there is a correct way to fix this. Not sure of what brakes are on it (some generics I think). Trek’s website list the brakeset as “Alloy dual pivot w/Tiagra STI levers” so I am not sure about the calipers…….any ideas?

·
waterproof*
41,745 Posts
If they're generic alloys, you could dremel the bottom of the slot. I've done it with nice Campy's with no problem. Just make sure you're removing, like a millimeter of material and there's plenty of alloy still there below it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.