Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year I've been getting up at about 4:45 a.m. to commute to work. At that hour the mere thought of food make me nauseous, but I've been forcing myself to eat a bowl of this multigrain hot cereal my wife buys. It's pretty tasty, but I struggle to get down each bite so early in the morning. Also, I was off coffee for a while, but I love it too much to give it up. But I am down to 2 cups from about 5. Any ideas about something healthy that tastes good when you just get up?

Thanks!

·
Downhill Juggernaut
1,668 Posts
I generally wait to eat until I get to work. I'm with you on the whole eating too early. Although sometimes I'll eat some apple or banana if there's one in the kitchen. If anything I'll have a small snack when I arrive at work to tide me over until breakfast about an hour later on.

Where I work, breakfast is a social affair, we usually eat with another crew across the street after our shift briefings and have shop talk for an hour or so if there are no flights. So to me it's worth waiting for, plus it's nice being able to sit there and enjoy my coffee. I wouldn't want to gulp some down then hop on the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.