Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got a camera, so I thought I'd contribute some shots of my daily commute. We had some thunderstorms with strong winds (100 km/h) go through Saturday night, so there's some storm damage too.

Leaving my neighbourhood

Hwy 407, looking West

14th Avenue in Markham. It gets a lot busier than this once I get up to McCowan

The bike rack at work. Mine is the Surly LHT

Heading home

Crossing the Stouffville Line GO tracks

Looking North across the town of Markham to the Oak Ridges Moraine

Sometimes, you don't get a lot off room

Local fire station. They change the tip about once a month or so

Just checking that I haven't lost my shadow

A couple more of the storm damage. The crews already have new poles up

Crossing the 407 again, this time looking East.

Almost home

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Looks good, Opusair. Why no pictures of your bike? Well, you got the stem, bars and rear shifter, but I can also see a bit of lugged fork crown and nice silver showing through. You`ve piqued our interest and left us hanging! You also owe three and a half years worth of ride reports- if you go back and ride that route again tomorrow and take some pics of your bike in those spots you can post the new shots up too and start working off that backlog :thumbsup: .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Great pics....

I live in Hamilton, but I know the area. The traffic around there can be abit crazy. Again, great pics and keep them comin'.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Whoohoo- there ya go! But is it stolen? Andy and Barney don`t seem to like it for some reason.
BTW- that company you linked for the bell has some kind of cool and unusual stuff.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Now that is a part of town I never see.How is the cycling infrastructure up there? I am closer to downtown and I must say Toronto is getting better and better every year. Lots of people doing great work, especially the Toronto Cyclist Union. I don't know if they cover the 905 area but it would be worth checking out. Thanks for sharing your photos and ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the comments folks.

Andy looks at everyone that way. And yes, the barber shop is called Floyd's. The owner is pretty cool and lets me bring my bike inside if I forget my lock.

I agree Sogreni makes some cool stuff, but I don't know how practical it is. The bell is pretty nice though.

Blakcloud, there is almost no cycling infrastructure in Markham. They've been making some effort to put in bike lanes, but I have doubts about how effective they are since they tend to be on quieter roads anyway. After reading Traffic (Amazon.com) I'm not really a proponent of any infrastructure that segregates road users. Now I'll have to go for a ride and get some pics to show what I mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.