Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran a stop sign in front of a cop today, not just pedal trough it but, down in the drops wide racer style 25 mph right hand turn. he didn't after me or any thing, I guess he didn't want to put down his doughnut.

·
Registered
14,776 Posts
Right turn,

doesn't count. Technical violation, but you didn't cross any traffic lanes, only merged with one. Still, he could have nailed you.

·
Call me a Fred
17,025 Posts
You should have been tazered.

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
And tonight on the 6'o clock news, a cyclist was hit...

You make it sound as if you should be applauded.

·
Registered
416 Posts
anteyeradio said:
I ran a stop sign in front of a cop today, not just pedal trough it but, down in the drops wide racer style 25 mph right hand turn. he didn't after me or any thing, I guess he didn't want to put down his doughnut.
That's pretty crappy of you to insult a cop that has the common sense to know that a bike running a stop sign is not close to the seriousness of a car doing the same. :mad2:

·
Registered
19,427 Posts
ya, I call BS on that one too...

DaveW88 said:
OK. You're claiming that you went around a 90 degree right turn at 25 mph?
sorry..someone' s making up stories.
well, big golf clap for the guy who blows a stop sign or traffic light...well done, really...keep doing it and your family will enjoy feeding you through a tube someday soon...

just like this guy... his name is Karl..he won't be speaking to you anytime soon.

http://bikeportland.org/2008/07/14/...ikecar-crash-in-southeast-portland/#more-8189

·
Failboat Captian
6,559 Posts
I could have been soooo busted last night.

I was 1st in line, stopped at a traffic light on the way home last night. The traffic on the right had a green light with a green L turn arrow. Basically, it was a driveway to an apartment complex parking lot. There was no one coming out or even any cars moving in the parking lot, and the light always stays green for them way too long. So I just say "screw it" and stand up and go through the intersection. I kept looking at the light, and it was still green for them, after I was well clear of the intersection.

I never looked back, but I knew there were a couple of cars behind me, and I like being out of an intersection before the cars start trying to pass me.

So, about 20 seconds later (after they finally go the green) I hear the cars coming to pass me. 1st car to pass? a marked city cop! He didn't care. Although he made a right at the next intersection, into a residential street, and for a second, I was afraid he might get out of the car and flag me down, but nope.

I'm such a hoodlum.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.