Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've asked this before but am still conflicted. Many companies sell their bikes out of the box with bullhorn bars of which I'm not fond. Triathletes use them in combo with aero bars, and apparently can go long distance without hand position problems. I found bullhorn only uncomfortable for hand positions for rides of 20 miles and more. Obviously an areobar is not a serious choice for a fixed gear So I switched to low rise mtn bike bar with bar ends. That has its own aesthetic disadvantage and roadies take me for a citizen on the road and sniff at me
The bar ends help, but not perfect. I do have drop bars
and brakes with hoods in the basement. Since I don't have hand position problems with my regular road bike with drops I guess I just answered my own question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I do have drop bars and brakes with hoods in the basement. Since I don't have hand position problems with my regular road bike with drops I guess I just answered my own question
That was going to be my answer. I have drop bars with brake hoods on both of my fixies. I use all the positions. I especially appreciate having the drops when grinding into a headwind with too big a gear (which is part of the fixie experience), as well as climbing. Bullhorns never made sense to me, since they're essentially a drop bar with hoods but no drops. They make sense for guys who never use the drops, I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts