Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Viqueens fan, I have had enough. I say procede as if he really is retired and if he changes his mind bench him. I'd rather see Tarvaris Jackson struggle and the team not make even the wild card game than to have ol' waffler throw away any chance they have in the big playoff game.
Bah.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
old news.

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
pfffft

who cares

plus mr fumbles and other team members played no better so you can't blame it all on Favre

he ceased to exist the day he donned purple. once retired I will forgive his lapse of judgement.

but.... he's still my favorite qb.....evident by this stuff, lol:

signed retail authentic jersey (gamers go usually for well over $5K, ouch)... actual game pants... game socks... game towel... handwarmer... a retail sideline hat... signed graded rookie card... ticket stub from 1st game played for the Pack... ticket stub for 1st game started for the Pack... ticket stub for last game played for the Pack... signed helmet after the TD record set against the Queens in '07... signed Pro Bowl jersey with a neat story... I bought the jersey and it's a game-issue from Ripon who makes the actual ones.... then sent it along with a "donation" to the Favre's foundations to his guy in WI who flew him around and handles his store/autographed goodies.... he flew it along on a trip to MS while Brett and the Pack were haggling back and forth... he emailed me the morning Brett signed it at home in MS... and if you look on eBay the standard pic along with every one of those similar (but NOT game jerseys.... just the "authentic" Reeboks) jerseys up for auction shows him signing my jersey... you can tell as my letter/check are on the desktop by Brett and also is signing my jersey.... others don't have the same sleeves/etc.

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
Did you steal those clothes out of the locker room hamper?

Favre's a tool, but it's my understanding that he said he wants to return and is just waiting on some medical results (don't remember the story). Of course, he'll make up whatever BS story he needs to avoid training camp, but at least he's not stringing them along with fake ambivalence.

And that's only if I got my story straight.

·
Master debator.
8,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Living on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin we get quite a few of each state's fans where I work/live.
I have no problem with a player moving to another team, and I'll continue to root for the player if I like them. That's one of the reasons I'll never buy a player's jersey, heck they could be on another team the following year.
I usually don't root for specific players though, I pick a team and stick with them.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
My future SIL is from Madison, and a life-long Packers fan. When I mentioned the story in the paper to him the other day, his response was "I hope he dies" :D

·
Registered
618 Posts
Not a Vikings, Jets or Packers fan.... Not even a huge Brett Favre fan. I do think he makes the league more exciting and his presence makes a team(currently the Vikings) worth watching. I hope he is healthy enough to return....

rubbersoul said:
The best before date is so old its worn off
Yea, Brett Favre really struggled last year....:rolleyes:

·
9,790 Posts
Favre = DB. He can't even pronounce his name properly. Too much Jeebus for me.

·
Opus was just napping
21,422 Posts
Told Mrs. TMB yesterday that I want him to come back...and then leave on a stretcher writhing in pain after a Ndamukong Suh bullrish wipes his knee from the face of the earth.

·
More carbon fiber please!
791 Posts
weltyed said:
so you were okay with him being a jet?
Within reason.... but to play for the frigging VIQUEENS crossed the line! Did I mention I HATE THE VIQUEENS? And the Bears Still Suck, as the song/video show.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
you mean like the saints almost did last year with their "favre on the ground" defense in the nfc champ game? that play is the reason he had surgery and "is not sure about returning."

thatsmybush said:
Told Mrs. TMB yesterday that I want him to come back...and then leave on a stretcher writhing in pain after a Ndamukong Suh bullrish wipes his knee from the face of the earth.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I'm shocked.............who would have expected this from him?

len

·
Seat's not level
19,371 Posts
saf-t said:
My future SIL is from Madison, and a life-long Packers fan. When I mentioned the story in the paper to him the other day, his response was "I hope he dies" :D
Your SIL is a dude? And I thought Farve had issues...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts