Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out today that Brian Wilson is coming to Asheville!! Bought tickets with a Pre-sale offer.....got row F and taking my daughter with me. She is only 14 but can sing just about all the Beach Boys songs. I am a huge Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fan and I can't wait!! They are going to play the entire Pet Sounds line up along with some other Wilson/Beach Boys favorites. Al Jardine and Blondie Chaplin will be playing as well. Life is good!!!:D

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So...Brian and the band came to town...What a night. I took my daughter, had killer seats and had a great time. So, long story short: We made a "Hi Blondie" banner, which was acknowledged by Blondie during the show...points. Dude almost stol' the show. This was followed by a near panic attack...lost my daughter exiting the show...we went towards the stage and I lost sight of her.....a moment later, found her shaking hands with Al Jardine. Of course my TRAC phone was dead so no pics. I was just relieved to find her. Points for Al and most of the other band members to hang around to greet fans. Been to lots of shows, this is/was the best. Pet Sounds live...hey. BW was there but not and I knew that going to this concert. He, two times left the stage for reasons that only he knows. The band kept it going and sounded great. Go see Brian Wilson if you have the opportunity.

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
mccartney said that was his favorite album. it was the only beach boys album i ever owned. it was a big influence on jeff tweedy too.

the unfortunate thing about aging rockers is the voice is the first to go.

"what a drag it is gettin' oh-old."

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
my former sound engineer did a few tours with Brian. Massively gifted and a very sweet man but so frail psychologically / spiritually and emotionally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts