Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to mount them on these. I'd be putting them on the ons with the 40mm drop. Could I put them on traditionally (hoods forward like on a normal road bars) or would I have to do it backward (brake lever ends facing forward)?

I haven't seen any road bikes with bullhorns and brifters. I've only seen Ones with cross levers and DT shifters or flat bar shifters/end time trial style shifters.

Any ideas? And if you have pictures, that would be even better.

· Rollin' Stones
2,641 Posts
They should work. I haven't seen the bars that you are talking about. I used to have my Ultegra STI's on a Profile Stoker bar. It worked fine. Take a look for Credit Agricole TT pics, they sometimes use the type of set-up you are talking about.

· Registered
142 Posts
probably, do you need to do this?

I can think of 2 ways to mount them on the bullhorns:

-on the ends like TT brake levers
-further back and backwards (brake lever tips pointing forward)

Note that if you mount them backwards then the left and right sides will probably have to also be reversed which could be confusing until you get used to it.

I personally think that by doing this you are losing hand positions with no real advantage, aside from a funky looking handlebar setup :)

I find that riding on the hoods is more comfortable than riding on the ends of bullhorns and offers generally the same riding position.

My two cents is only worth 0.0128 euros :(

· Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the Syntace bars on my track bike and they are uber comfortable and have a lot of hand positions and I personally find them more comfortable than the hoods. I also don't always ride the drops/ends of the Syntace. I'm mostly on the straight part right before they curve forward.

I am also a messenger and mainly ride the city when not working and bullhorns just take up a lot less space, more room to get through those tight spots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.