Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the icing on the cake of what was the worst day I've had in quite a while, I broke my beloved iPod touch that I got for Christmas. It's a long story, but basically it got sling-shotted onto the pavement. The glass screen is all cracked.

Does apple fix that sort of thing? Or am I now in the market for a new player?

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Define, slingshot.

And, cracked

And, broke.

I think they may well cover a broken glass. Coz I remember people sending their iPod nanos back then for it too. I've read about people getting replacements on them repeatedly even.

No harm trying.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
I remember some dude on my local craigslist advertising glass repairs for about $30, which he was saying was a lot better than the $100 that Apple would charge. So yeah, I think it's repairable.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
get a Gphone.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Brick Tamland said:
As the icing on the cake of what was the worst day I've had in quite a while, I broke my beloved iPod touch that I got for Christmas. It's a long story, but basically it got sling-shotted onto the pavement. The glass screen is all cracked.

Does apple fix that sort of thing? Or am I now in the market for a new player?
I think you can download an app to fix that.

·
Alien Musician
4,537 Posts
Ouch. I think my wife would cry if her ipod touch got hurt like that, see what apple says
about it regarding repairs.

I ended up getting this fancy leather case deal for my iphone, it sits inside some padding with little rubber edges and there's a cover that goes over the front when you're not using it. I dropped it yesterday and I saw it bounce off the floor from the bumpers. It adds a bit of bulk but it's safe and unscratched.

·
Grey Manrod
9,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aliensporebomb said:
Ouch. I think my wife would cry if her ipod touch got hurt like that, see what apple says
about it regarding repairs.

I ended up getting this fancy leather case deal for my iphone, it sits inside some padding with little rubber edges and there's a cover that goes over the front when you're not using it. I dropped it yesterday and I saw it bounce off the floor from the bumpers. It adds a bit of bulk but it's safe and unscratched.
I've actually been in the market for a case.......just couldn't find one that I liked. What brand is your case? Linky?

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
i had a handspring back when 8mb was HUGE. it survied many a drops. then one day it slipped and i tried to catch it with my foot. forgot i was wearing hard-soled shoes.

they said i could send it back for a replacement at the bargain price of $175. i just never bought another PDA.

but if touchie-feely broke, i would have to get it fixed. i keep waiting for The Wife to use it as a coaster or spill liquid on it...

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
that suck that you broke your iPod..

However I find it a little amusing how attached kids get to their iPods nowadays. Seriously you take it away and they freak out. I don't remember kids being that crazy a bout their Sony Walkmans and Cd players.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
in not wholly unrelated news, apple reports a small bump in sales (of one unit)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts