Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While riding today, I threw my rear derailleur during a shift into my Campy Eurus rear wheel spokes. Every single driveside spoke is bent, and the wheel is now badly out of true. Does anyone know of any US Campy dealer who can repair prebuilt Campy wheels. I have no local Campy component dealer near me so I'm looking to mail the wheel to a Campy shop which knows their Campy stuff. Anyone also know roughly what such a repair will probably cost? Thanks

·
Juanmoretime
2,313 Posts
I did the exact same thing about two years ago and it ran me $125 to have replaced all the drive side spokes. Where do you live? That information might help at pointing you in the right direction.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I did it to a Neutron.

I bent a couple spokes and one subsequenlty broke. Spoke kits can be bought at Branford bike. They aren't cheap, but cheaper than a new wheel. A good wheel builder should be able to replace the spokes for you and save the rim. (Spokes and labor was about $150!. The shop lost money on the rebuild as it took over three hours, but the wheel has been true and touble free.)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Spunout said:
..and when you are done, read up on adjusting your rear derailleur limit screws on parktool.com.

:)

ditto.. and hey.. it could be worse..

i followed a guy who had the same problem on his brand new Hed disc.. the next day, he brought it into the shop and i had to do a little adjusting for him. ouch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.