Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went on a group ride yesterday afternoon...24mph avg. a falcon literally swoops to get a robin, embeds in my spoke and i go over the bars at 28mph & land full force on the shoulder. morpheine is helping but not enuf. wow this sux...gotta go back on mon for surgery since its "major" displaced. everyone said i did a great job protecting the bike...theres bird nuts, butts & feathers all over the wheel/gears...eck...

ow...

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
chuckice said:
went on a group ride yesterday afternoon...24mph avg. a falcon literally swoops to get a robin, embeds in my spoke and i go over the bars at 28mph & land full force on the shoulder. morpheine is helping but not enuf. wow this sux...gotta go back on mon for surgery since its "major" displaced. everyone said i did a great job protecting the bike...theres bird nuts, butts & feathers all over the wheel/gears...eck...

ow...
Hope you heal up fast.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
chuckice said:
thx...i want the er morpheine back!! ow...
Well, I know a few guys that could help you out with that. :D

So, did you get any type of trophy from the falcon to mount as a reminder?

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lousylegs said:
Well, I know a few guys that could help you out with that. :D

So, did you get any type of trophy from the falcon to mount as a reminder?
a friend is going to go snap pix l8r...there's feathers in all the gears, spokes, etc. the bike is fine tho!!! :D

·
Administrator
12,942 Posts
I had a third degree separation and a broken scapula (and the bonus pack of three broken ribs), but was able to avoid surgery at least. Had to do a ton of rehab though. I assume you have a 4th degree (all of the ligaments are torn?)

Alas no cool story like you, just some half-fit in a race who took out ten riders at nearly 28mph. Weeeeeeeeee!

:mad:

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Man that sucks......

heal fast & well.

Len

·
Non non normal
10,092 Posts
lousylegs said:
Why is falcon meat good? Does it taste like chicken and go with hollandaise sauce?

I was wondering the about the same details as Alex. It is just a curiousity thing. Was it a falcon? Maybe it was a sharp shinned or red tail hawk. Perhaps a kestrel. Inquiring minds want to know the details.

I hope you heal quickly. That story is a strong supporting argument for Fate.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Coolhand said:
I had a third degree separation and a broken scapula (and the bonus pack of three broken ribs), but was able to avoid surgery at least. Had to do a ton of rehab though. I assume you have a 4th degree (all of the ligaments are torn?)

Alas no cool story like you, just some half-fit in a race who took out ten riders at nearly 28mph. Weeeeeeeeee!

:mad:
man the falcon death throws are horrifying!

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bigrider said:
I was wondering the about the same details as Alex. It is just a curiousity thing. Was it a falcon? Maybe it was a sharp shinned or red tail hawk. Perhaps a kestrel. Inquiring minds want to know the details.

I hope you heal quickly. That story is a strong supporting argument for Fate.
i'm sorry...it was likely a hawk...i was dazed pretty good but now that you mention it was def a hawk.

·
You're Not the Boss of Me
7,746 Posts
chuckice said:

ow...

Wow! That is the most spectacular story for the cause of a crash that I've heard in a long time! Way more excting than my two crashes (one blown front tire, one "I leaned it too hard in gravel"). Congrats. Oh, and heal fast.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
chuckice said:

ow...
I had a broken scapula as a result of a truck/bike collision. Not fun. What a freak accident though. Hope you heal well and I hope they keep the morphine coming--those kind of injuries hurt bad.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
jtolleson said:
Wow! That is the most spectacular story for the cause of a crash that I've heard in a long time! Way more excting than my two crashes (one blown front tire, one "I leaned it too hard in gravel"). Congrats. Oh, and heal fast.
yeah...at least a good story! i wouldn't have believed it if a) i wasn't there b) 30+ people in our ride saw it and couldn't believe and c) the feathers in the eurus this am were sobering! :)

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
I had a broken scapula as a result of a truck/bike collision. Not fun. What a freak accident though. Hope you heal well and I hope they keep the morphine coming--those kind of injuries hurt bad.
ouch...at least i hit pavement and not a moving vehicle!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts