Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a koobi silver slightly used from a friend. it fit, so through the RBR ad, i bought 3 more. they were out of silvers, so shipped 3 au enduro saddles. this was in early november 2003.

with less than 1000 (road only) miles on one of the 3 au enduro saddles, the non-drive side rail slipped out of the retainer on the aft part of the saddle--basically the rail broke. this was ~10 miles from home. not good.

as they were a big sponsor of our 'cross series, advertise on RBR, saddles seemed well-made, and they were fairly responsive via email through the purchase process, i expected good customer support. sent them an email yesterday first thing, received a response this morning first thing.

what i expected was this:

"We're sorry to hear about the broken rail. Please reply with your address and we'll replace it immediately. Thanks again for your business."

and here is the actual email:

"Koobi saddles are warranted against manufactures defects for 90 days. To have your saddle reviewed for potential warranty repair . Ship to Koobi repair . 15980 Longmeadow Lane. Colorado Springs. CO . 80921. Include a copy of this email along with a copy of the original packing slip."

how would you react to this?

·
Get me to In&Out
4,775 Posts
Koobi is a good company. I would ship it to them and I am sure they will replace it for you. I had a problem with a Xenon where the Ti rail broke after a couple years riding and I mailed it back to them. They replaced it with no questions asked. I had been using it for MTB racing and the Ti rails weren't recommended for that purpose, but they replaced it anyways.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.