Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find something on broken frames and the percentage of manufactures frames that brake. I suspect that everyone has this problem, but would like to know specifics. I see every once in awhile someone will mention that their frame broke and will never buy other one from that manufacture again. That's 1 problem compared to 100 that didn't have a problem. Any help on sites that might have this answer would be appreciated.

·
Registered
595 Posts
you're on a goose chase. there's no data collection for those "brakes".

manufacturers won't give you the numbers and there's no one else collecting it.. so it's a lost cause, i would think.

·
Premium Member
21,853 Posts
When I worked for customer service for GT (oh so many years ago) we would get 4-8 of every adult frame and size offered each model year in an assortment of colors. We never ran out and storage was always a problem; after 3 years or so we would scrap whatever was leftover). For adult bikes the frame warranty is more of a sales tool than a need.

The BMX stuff OTOH was always failing and we would just take them off the production runs every few months.

As I noted that was 15+ years ago now but nothing has really changed in the industry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.