Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just broke a spoke on my Vector Pro rear wheel.

Does anyone here know if it is possible to put a new one on and re-true the wheel without sending it back to the factory? I've heard that sending it in is my only alternative and I'm just trying to find out if that really is the case.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I broke a spoke on a Vector Comp and trued the wheel myself. I actually found them to be less difficult to true than a conventional wheel. There are so few spokes it's easy to pinpoint the spoke(s) that need adjustment.

If you're not up to the task yourself, most Trek/Lemond/Klein shops will have a mechanic who can do it. Or any other shop with a competent service department.

As far as service for your Rolf wheels, contact Trek, not Rolf. The following is from the Rolf Prima website:

In early 1996, Trek Bicycle Corporation licensed Rolf’s paired spoke technology to manufacture and distribute a line of bicycle wheels that were sold under the "Rolf Wheels" brand name. These wheels are easily identified by the name "Rolf Wheels" on the rim decal.
Models include:

Vector Pro
Vector Comp
Sestriere
Vector
Propel
Uracco
Dolomite
Satellite

These models were discontinued in December, 2001 when Rolf departed Trek to form his own wheel company called Rolf Prima. Although Trek and other companies continue to license our paired spoke technology, Rolf Prima Inc. is a separate entity with no affiliation with Trek. Our products can be easily identified by the brand: Rolf Prima. Rolf Prima wheels share no parts with the older, Trek-built wheels and no parts are interchangeable between the two brands. Rolf Prima CANNOT provide parts or service for "Rolf Wheels" branded wheels.

For questions, parts and service on Rolf Wheels branded wheels, please contact Trek Bicycle Corporation at (800) 879-8735. Trek is obligated to provide warranty support for the duration of your warranty period and should be able to provide replacement parts.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Take it to a shop

Never sent any of my Rolf wheels to the factory for service. And when the freehub crapped out to the point that the wheel was no longer serviceable, the shop got Trek to warranty the wheel for a new set of Bontrager race lites.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts