Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Shuffleman
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a good place on line to get a Brooks B17 Narrow?
The best prices that I am able to find seems to be $130. Nashbar just had their 23% off sale which would drop it to roughly $101. I was hoping to get a better price as I am over budget on the rest of the build but really want the Brooks.
Anybody know where I can get it for less?

·
a real member's member
3,880 Posts
try ebay.

you might also look at the gyes saddles on ebay. i prefer them over brooks now. unlike brooks saddles, the gyes saddles stay real hard after a year. they're less expensive, have thicker leather, and often feature laced skirts that will better keep the saddle hard without extending the bolt.

even though they have chromo rails, they are a little heavier than a similar brooks. but if you're buying a brooks, you're probably not too worried about weight.

if you do go with gyes, be sure you like a hard saddle. i do, but i wear a pad. if you don't wear padded shorts, you might want to stay with brooks. i just found my brooks saddles uncomfortable after they were well broken in, so i now go with gyes.

my first gyes saddle was one from spa cycles in the uk under their own badging. it was called the 'nidd.'

·
Russian Troll Farmer
3,426 Posts
Craigslist/EBay. They've been made for, what, 90 years, so there are LOTS of them around. I got mine (probably 70's vintage) with steel rivets for less than $30 about 15 years ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts