Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
for road riding...

i've been so much happier with this Swift for spirited road riding. trimmer and softer than the old B17N. better for riding in the drops, and sexier too...

·
N. Hollywood, CA
754 Posts
...and for commuting/offroad

this Conquest is the cat's meow. puts my old sus-seatpost to shame. it holds a lot of old skool cred on the mean streets of LA too. the low rider/chopper cruisers on the subway dig it...

can you spot 4 of our 5 bikes? double-a has one more than me. that's her orange rock lobster in the background.

·
Non non normal
10,183 Posts
Never touched by Human Taint

First ride will be tomorrow. I hope I find what the rage is all about.

·
Registered
18 Posts
One of mine's, more to follow ( I also have a 50 yrs old one...)

·
Registered
203 Posts
ispoke said:
i've been so much happier with this Swift for spirited road riding. trimmer and softer than the old B17N. better for riding in the drops, and sexier too...
Just out of curiosity, what properties make it better for riding in the drops? I have a B17 on my road bike right now but I've been riding in the drops a lot more lately and I do get some perineal pressure with the B17. I've been thinking of trying a Team Pro and maybe saving the B17 for the touring bike I'm planning to build some day. However looking at these "racing" saddles, they seem flatter than the B17. I would think that this would move your weight even further off the sit bones when you are in the drops.

·
Master Bike Mechanic
409 Posts
Just your normal B17 Champ Special with about 650 miles on it.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,029 Posts
Swallow.....

2 of 4 I own.

Len

·
Master Bike Mechanic
409 Posts
fbagatelleblack, I don't know where he got, but I know what it is and where you can get it. It is a Brooks "Challenge Bag" that you can buy <a href="http://www.wallbike.com/brooks/bags.html">Here</a href>.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
you guys are killing me

Those are beautiful. I want a Brooks but I am worried about the maint. Sweat, rain etc. how does it effect?
Also I heard that there was another brand of leather saddles similar quality to Brooks; truth? opinions?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.