Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thought it would be interesting to show the differences in coloring between a new Brooks saddle and the same one a year later. The first pic is right out of the box Feb.28 th, 2005. I had wanted antique brown, but had to settle for the honey color which I'm glad I did. It went from a (rather homely) honey color to a rich silky brown color, kind of like a dark milk chocolate just using regular smatherings of 'proofhide'.

I took the day off today, so please dont bash me ~ I feel guilty enough as it is. :D

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cmg said:
1 yr old saddle looks great. whats your opinion of the ride?
Great straight out of the box really. The saddle pretty much stays kinda hard, but it conforms to your sit bones within a few hundred miles then it gets even better.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's really rich looking.

I recently got my first Brooks (a Swift) and I'm impressed that something that seems rock hard can be so comfortable.

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CNY rider said:
That's really rich looking.

I recently got my first Brooks (a Swift) and I'm impressed that something that seems rock hard can be so comfortable.
Yeah, originaly I wanted the 'Swift' too, but at my weight I did'nt know if the titanium rails would pose a problem. The 'Pro' saddle I bought has cro-moly rails and put a quick end to my long distance sufferings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts