Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say THANKS...
to anybody on the forums who happened to help out with the Brown County Hills Challenge this past weekend... (especially John, the bike guy)

I was the final finisher (#35 - :rolleyes: ) of the full century ride on Saturday and it was a lot of fun.
Good course, friendly folks, good temps... just the right amount of suffering...

Thanks again, and I'll see ya next year!!!

· Registered
1,301 Posts
Agree.
I was a little concerned about the roads after all the rains/flooding, but John & everyone did a GREAT job marking the course. There ARE hills in Indiana! The potential trouble spots (sharp turns at end of descents, bad intersections, etc.) were well-marked with fresh signs. Road crews had obviously swept debris off many areas to keep roads clear. Beautiful forested route with >6500ft climbing. Sending us up Bear Wallow twice (1mi 6% ave grade, 16% peak, rough chip-n-seal pavement) was challenging. Having the second BW trip just 4mi from the finish was a sufferfest. A true Hills Challenge!
Keeping the grill going after the published end time was very thoughtful, and the veggie burgers were a nice touch.
Thanks to all for a great event!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.